1. The Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you wish to access our site including for example to enter competitions or obtain products and services from us we obtain certain information from you such as your name, address, gender, date of birth, email address, and telephone numbers. We may obtain this information from you in a variety of ways including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.potanet.com or submitting as user content to our site or by use of the interactive services or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing to and using our services, posting materials or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, whether by email, post, fax or telephone, or if we contact you, similarly we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- If you enter into any of our competitions or promotions, we may ask for information about you and we will use it in connection with the competition.
We gather this information to allow us to tailor our products and services to you (so that you are offered suitable products and services) and to enable us to administer the website. We may also use this information in connection with contacting you about our products and services.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone, SMS and other messaging services or fax to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services and products.
We and our group companies may also wish to provide you with information about other competitions, services or products we think may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by any of the above methods for this purpose. Your information will only be used you for this purpose if you have opted in to receive such communications.
We may also want to provide you with information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by any of the above methods for this purpose. Your information will only be used you for this purpose if you have opted in to receive such communications.
We may also provide your information to carefully selected third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by any of the above methods for this purpose. Your
information will only be used you for this purpose if you have opted in to receive such communications.
If you wish us to amend the way in which we use your information or wish only to be contacted by particular
methods (such as email) or opt out of receiving marketing communications altogether, please notify us by
We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law for example to regulatory
and government agencies and as otherwise permitted by law.
3. How We Protect your Information
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures to protect your data. We must advise that despite the measures that we take, there is no guarantee that any e-mail sent by you to us at this site will be received by Potanet, or that the message will remain confidential whilst in transit. You, therefore, accept that by acknowledging this situation that you do so at your own risk.
4. Sale of Business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
5. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose personal information only for the following reasons:
- Billing our clients: This includes sending you emails, receipts, invoices, notices of late payment, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number.
- To communicate with our clients about their project with Potanet and offer Customer Support.
- To Protect the Rights and Safety of our Users and Third Parties, as well as our own.
- To meet Legal Requirements: including but not limited to complying with valid discovery requests, court orders, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
6. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Social Media Platforms and Widgets: Our website includes social media features. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
7. Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to the following types of third parties for the purpose described in this policy:
- Service Providers: Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party Service Providers, who help us provide and support our Services. For example, if it is necessary to provide you something you have requested (like enable a feature such as Social Profiles), then we may share your and/or your Subscribers’ Personal Information with a Service Provider for that purpose. Just like with the other third parties we work with; these third-party Service Providers enter into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information only for the provision of services to us and in a manner that is consistent with this policy. Examples of Service Providers include payment processors, hosting services and content delivery services.
8. Updating your Details
If any of the information that you have provided us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a letter to the Potanet at our business address.
9. Your Consent
10. How to Contact Potanet
11. Contact Information for the Data Controller
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information stored about you
- Correct any information stored about you
- Delete any information stored about you
12. Your Rights under GDPR
- The Right to be Informed: All organizations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
- The Right of Access: Individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The Right of Rectification: individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to have their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: An individual’s right to block or suppress the processing of their personal data for their own purpose.
- The Right to Data Portability: This allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The Right to Object: In certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes if a company uses personal data for direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of Automated Decision Making and Profiling: The GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequences have a legal bearing on them or are based on automated processing.
13. Access, Correction, Deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the services. If you wish to access or amend any other personal data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an integrated service, you may contact us as set forth in the ‘How to contact Potanet section. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by accessing your account settings page on the service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, the satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionality of the service.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.